Monday, March 29, 2010

Pregnancy complaints - so far

So we are at the 9th week and things are going great. Other than that nasty bout with the stomach bug and the trip to the hospital, I really can't complain.

However, there are a few minor issues I would like to bring up:
1. No Sex Drive - although I love my husband and I am so proud of him, but, the thought of turning to him and saying "Let's have sex" isn't very appealing. Our Dr has given the ok but no one has told my body yet.

2. Niagara Falls in your panties (Thanks Jenny McCarthy for this line). It is true. I have never in my life went through so many panty liners. If you have never been pregnant and are one of those people that say, I can't wait to be pregnant, no more periods - guess again! Ha, joke is on us, because there is stuff coming out of there 24 hours a day.

3. Eating - I use to love to eat, hence the reason I had to lose 35lbs last year. Well now that I have the license to eat - yay- I can honestly say, I am sick of food and feeding these little growing people every minute of the day. Nothing seems to satisfy me and thinks to my friend Lynn I have a name for that feeling - hollow- yep it is a hollow feeling that never seems to be satisfied. When I sleep I am finally able to not think about food and what my next meal will be.

4. Fatigue - I could sleep the entire day away (in between changing my panty liner and eating of course). Nothing feels better to me than a good long nap. I even try to sneak a 20 minute rest during my work week (shhhh).

5. Am I pregnant? - strange question considering all the things I just wrote about, but it's true. I don't look pregnant, there is no movement yet and no one can tell. I have not had the urg to decorate a nursery, buy anything for the baby nor have I had any dreams about being pregnant (well maybe one or two). So I ask myself when will I feel pregnant?

3 comments:

  1. YUK!!! Not Appealing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for sharing the TRUE side of pregnancy! All of my friends talk about how great it is and how wonderful they feel. WHATEVER. Iknew there was more to the story than they were letting on....ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up! It's all so true and believe me you will "feel" pregnant soon enough and be begging for the babies to come out! Give it time my dear!

    ReplyDelete