Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reflections

Ok made it through the first conference of the year. One more to go! Planning got to a rough start between having the stomach bug and low registration but I am proud to say it all came together.

Now the BIG one is in July and in NC. This requires much more organization and planning. I am truly looking forward to the challenge.

One of the speakers we had this week was all about self reflection, my goals and my dreams. I must admit I have never thought beyond this week about anything. However, the process he took me through made me think about my lifetime goals, things I wanted to accomplish in 1 year and then 90 days.

It has made me realize that I need to get some focus in my life. Pregnancy has also opened my eyes to the fact that my actions will no longer just affect me but the lives growing inside. This can really be scary.

So what do I do, how do I go about this? How do other people get it right?

While sitting in the session I made some promises to myself: to be a better wife & co-worker. I made a challenge to procrastinate less and work more. I know this will be a hard because I have the attention span of a fish.

I made the decision to be a good role model for my children and emulate some of my favorite moms. I will pray everyday for this and hope for the best.

Wish me luck on this new road I am going to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment