Saturday, March 20, 2010

week 7 - I wish I could vomit

7th week bump


The last two weeks have been tough. Morning sickness started and boy it was terrible. Morning sickness really should be called - don't look at me, don't talk to me or I may throw up sickness

I tried all the remedies: preggy pops, eating crackers, ginger ale. Nothing worked! It finally came to a head last week when I had a mental & physical breakdown. I could not work, I could not eat. Too top it off, I never vomited. I think if I could have thrown up it would have made all the difference in the world.

Who ever thought that vomiting would sound so good. Hmm maybe after a night of drinking, but never when you are pregnant.

After a good cry and a call to my ob doctor she gave me some other things to try it finally eased up. Within in two days I was back to my normal pregnancy self, just tired but able to eat and NO NAUSEA!

Well, that was just weird. I thought this was suppose to go on for weeks.

Goodbye nausea hello diarrhea. Thursday this week Chris and I had our first ob appointment (more on the visit later)! Guess what the maternity nurse (April - awesome by the way) said I probably had a stomach virus. That explains all the crazy symptoms and how it went away so quickly (at least in the scheme of things it was quick).

So my bout with morning sickness really turned out to be a bug. Thank god because I was not looking forward to weeks of that~ They may have had to drug me for a few months until it was gone.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Hope you're 100% better soon! Loving the blog overhaul! Excited about seeing the pregnancy progress. So happy for y'all! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete